Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Futile Attempts at Responsible Communication While in an Irrational State of Mind

When you've noticed someone has stolen your photos and placed them somewhere without your permission and you are anything like me, your immediate reaction might be something like this ---- "WTF?! Who the hell do you think you are? If I saw you on the street I'd make sure you limped through every remaining day of your life, gasping and wheezing from the effort, unable to explain to anyone what had happened to you because it would require saying the words, 'I was attacked by an enraged clown,' which no one will believe because it sounds like something out of a movie. If you had a life of your own you wouldn't have the time or willingness to steal anything from the Internet. If you felt you had any creative talent, you would create your own content for the world to see. So you may as well label your posts with the confession, 'I have no life, no friends, no ingenuity, no prospects and no integrity. Obviously I am suffering from a rare form of chronic stupidity that leads to navigational failures both in real life and on the Internet. Please pray for my recovery from this debilitating condition,' you tragic waste of humanity. Get fucked someplace very uncomfortable."

Or something along those lines. As your mind spins out in fantasies of stabbing them in the softest patch of skin you can find on their anatomy and twisting the knife just enough for them to always feel mild discomfort and never thoroughly enjoy anything again, you might lose the ability to search the website where your property was posted without your consent. You also might lose the ability to write a calm, mature and informative email in a clear manner. So I thought it might be helpful to people if I posted some email addresses and links I've used, and an outline of an email I've sent to websites for copyright infringement, so that you don't have to struggle with trying to scrape your shit together to behave like a responsible adult long enough to report the infringement when all you feel like doing is disfiguring someone. Because all that's going to come out of you in that moment will make about as much sense as if you'd let a rabid, wild animal do your work for you, which is really not an acceptable thing to unload on someone. So now you can copy/paste, fill in your own details and click send. I'm not saying justice will be served, I'm just hoping it will help someone in a moment of need.


**********************************************************************************


support@tumblr.com
abuse@photobucket.com
abuse@facebook.com
copyright@yahoo-inc.com
tosreports@wordpress.com
help@support.myspace.com
hello@imgfave.com
violations@deviantart.com

http://www.google.com/support/websearch/bin/request.py?contact_type=gph1




**********************************************************************************




My © all rights reserved image seen here:

paste the link to your image, where it is lawfully located, in this spot

is posted without my permission on your site here:

paste the link to your image that has been posted unlawfully on their site

Please immediately delete my image from your site.

I hereby state that I have a good faith belief that the use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner (that's me) its agent, or the law.

I hereby state that the information in this notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that I am the owner of the copyright.

Thanks,

put your legal name here

your address here

your phone number here







6 comments:

  1. This was really a wonderful thing for you to do. I can't tell you how many times I've wished for someone to just tell me what I was supposed to do in an uncertain and frustrating situation. Thank you for your public service/random act of kindness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like you're just going to have to keep up the good fight, but putting information out there for others is a great way to be part of the solution (even if it is a very long term solution!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great, useful post. Thanks honey! Sorry you've had so much drama with people stealing your pics :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's dam hard to find you contact info, not being a member of flikr. I wanted to let you know about this image stealing trash:

    http://www.theluxuryspot.com/2010/05/09/sweet-vaginas-2-each/

    BTW I simply adore your stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you :)

    I thought people would lose interest in my cupcakes eventually, but it's only gotten worse :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry your images keep getting stolen! Someone FINALLY posted your stuff with the proper sources (how I found my way here) so not all hope is lost. Your stuff is INCREDIBLE.

    ReplyDelete

You have an opinion? Really? Lucky me! Give me the uncensored version, please!